Enrolment and selection
Expedition starts in the second semester of your first year. Missed your first chance? No worries: you can also start in your second year if you register before 1 September 2017.
What do we expect from you?
In order to be able to participate in the second semester, you have to meet a few selection criteria. These are:
- That you were issued a positive BSA in the first round in January
- That you expect to be able to complete your first-year phase (propaedeuse) within a year
- That you have obtained good results (we do use not a fixed criterium, but experience shows that students with an average grade of 7.3 or higher can handle the honours track in addition to their regular study programme)
- That you are curious and that you have broad intellectual interests
- That you are motivated to make an effort for your studies and for the activities of the Humanities Lab
How to prepare for admission?
Once you have applied through the website, you are not yet admitted to the programme. There are two more steps in this process.
Step 1 : Motivation letter, and Grade transcript
We will still need you to send us a number of attachments, which you can already prepare now. These attachments are:
The letter of motivation is an essential part of your application for Humanities Lab. It can be written in English of in Dutch but you have to write it yourself (max 500 words). Your letter of motivation is the chance to show us who you are and why you would fit into Honours College.
You have to include at least these topics:
- Why do you want to be part of the Honours College
- What honours track do you prefer and why
- What can you do for the Honours community
- Grade transcript from your first semester or the whole first year (depending on your date of registration for Humanities Lab)
Step 2 : Selection for Admission
The Humanities Lab Selection Committee will assess your application based upon your motivation letter, and grade transcript.
Do you need more time to think about it? You can also enrol for Expedition at the start of your second year. This does mean that you will miss the first course (5 EC). This is not a problem and you will be able to catch up on these 5 EC later. You should however enrol before February 15 via the Registration Form.